Dec 15, 2016
Before Star Wars Rogue One
In this episode:
- We’re excited because a new Star Wars
movie is coming out. We couldn’t resist talking about it before
- This is not a spoiler episode, and we
are releasing this a day early for you folks to listen to in time
for the weekend’s releae. We will only be talking about stuff from
the trailers and maybe a bit from the prequel novel.
- Next week will be our spoiler filled
review of the movie. So stay tuned!
Our worries and concerns are minimal.
- Void is worried we already know so
much of the plot from the trailers and just context of the movie,
but we think it may be very character driven.
- It may not be as good as the mainline
Star Wars movies, which wouldn’t bode well for the other spin-offs,
and he is also worried the tone of “war movie” may not fit the
franchise as well as the science-fantasy does.
- Beej is worried there are so few Jedi
and that aspect because it’s a major hallmark of the franchise. We
know other media can tell different stories well, but let’s see how
they do it as a film.
- He doesn’t like the title because
lots of people he knows have no idea it’s a Star Wars movie, and he
is afraid it will get criticized the same as The Force Awakens for
being too close to the Original Trilogy.
- Beej wants to see some kind of Rebels
tie in. We think the Ghost is in a space battle, but we really want
to see a character cameo in the background or some of Sabine’s
Theories and Wild Speculation
- Void thinks Jyn’s father will put the
Death Star’s weakness in on purpose because he is only working for
the Empire to protect his family.
- We hope to see an Ocean’s 11-style
heist that will go wrong as they escape.
- I think Jyn’s Father (Galen) put the
exhaust port weakness into the Death Star on purpose because he was
forced to work on it and didn’t actually want to. He’s just
doing it to protect his family.
- I think they’ll get the plans in an
ocean’s 11 style heist but it’ll all go wrong when they try to
- A bunch of them, if not all of them,
might just die.
- We are really curious how Vader will
be used. This might make him scary in a way we haven’t seen since
in the past we’ve only seen him go up against Jedi.
- We see big explosions on a planet.
Our guess is that it’s the Death Star doing a test firing but it’s
not at full power yet. We know how fast it destroyed Alderaan and
this isn’t that. So maybe they’re still perfecting it.
- Beej hopes to see the Emperor being
mean to Vader like he is in the new Marvel comics that take place
between Episodes IV and V.
- Beej wants Jyn to betray the
Rebellion and join the Empire.
- This scene gives
oodles of context for Rogue One.
Holiday present for us… rate and review in iTunes!
Geeky Sponsor / Offer of the Week
- Beej has a new audiobook out this
week! Go check out his science-fantasy (and Star Wars-inspired!)
books “The Technomage Archive” on Audible and get one of them for
free at audibletrial.com/geektogeekcast
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite
drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact
us via email at email@example.com or
Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show.
Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geeky Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM