Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
In this episode:
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story just released, and we had to do a podcast on it. Especially since we did a pre-release show last week! What is interesting, though, is that we have never disagreed so much about Star Wars. Despite being roughly the same level of fan (read: fanatic), the two of us look at both the SW universe and film/media in general in such different ways that our takeaways from Rogue One are starkly different.
- From the characters to the plot, to pacing and even whether or not this Star Wars Story needed to be told at all, we disagree on almost every point. We do, however, totally understand why the other feels the way he does. We have a long discussion about the Star Wars universe, what makes each of us love it, and why. Much of our disagreement around Rogue One comes from its dark tone, which influences our enjoyment on a film-viewing level, not as a Star Wars fan.
- We do, however, agree on a number of points about the movie. We found a lot to love about Rogue One, and more than anything else, it makes us excited for the new directions that the franchise will take. It’s a great sign that because we disagree about Rogue One, there will inevitably be an experimental Star Wars Story that flips our disagreement 180 degrees. There is a ripe future for Star Wars because of the precedent set with Rogue One, and we both can’t wait to see what new things Disney is going to bring us in the future.
Holiday present for us… rate and review in iTunes!
Geeky Sponsor / Offer of the Week
- Beej - Super Mario Run / Fuller House
- Void - WoW Legion / Fuller House / White Rabbit Project / Super Mario Run
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at email@example.com or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM