Oct 12, 2017
Microtransactions In Full Priced Games
In this episode:
- We talk about microtransactions in
full-priced games and slip into a little bit of F2P talk, too.
- Which microtransactions work for us
and which ones just make us angry?
- Discussion ranges from Overwatch and
its loot boxes to Battlefront 2 and its loot boxes. Both are
similar systems, but we aren't sold on one of them.
- DLC and microtransactions and
expansion content are increasingly becoming blurred together, and
we talk about just what that means for the future of the industry,
as well as our interest in continuing with games beyond their
- Also, Beej just doesn't really get
FPS games. #shrug
- Beej is still obsessed with all
things Brandon Sanderson and is prepping for Oathbreaker.
- Void tried the Star Wars Battlefront
2 Beta and beat Golf Story. He still thinks Golf Story is a
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite
drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact
us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show.
Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM