Aug 2, 2018
How to Plan Fan Events Like Harry Potter's Birthday Party
In this episode:
- Void had life happen, so it's Beej and his lovely wife Jennifer
doing the podcast this week!
- We talk about the recent Harry Potter's Birthday Party that
Jennifer threw at the library, and how it's not as out of reach as
you think to host a fan event that can draw hundreds of
- We know that a lot of you may have aspirations of hosting a con
of some sort, of even just a fan event where you can get together
with like-minded folks and geek out about what you love.
- It's not a hard thing to do, but you just have to know where to
start. Jennifer talks about how she grew Harry Potter's Birthday
Party from a spur-of-the-moment event that she and a single
co-worker planned in 3 weeks to an annual event for 1,200+ people,
some of whom travel from hours a way, every single year to come
- Ideas for events like meetups with geeky experts on a topic,
having a panel discussion before or after major movies (we do MCU
discussions before and after films, generally), and even holding
Television Premiere or Finale parties to experience the fun as a
group instead of being alone on your couch.
- Basically, anyone can start up a fan event if you want to. And
since Jennifer does this as her full-time job, we thought you'd
wanna hear about it and maybe geek out with some local folks
- If you have any questions, feel free to her or me up (I am
totally trying to get her on our Discord, but we will see
if that happens.)
Support the Podcast:
- Geekery will return next week. Same geek time, same geek
Geek to Geek Community
Geek to Geek Podcast Network Shows:
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite
drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact
us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show.
Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you.
Music by CarboHydroM